Radius™ Series A Pneumatic Rack & Pinion Actuator
Evolution In Engineering
The Series A double acting and spring return pneumatic rack and pinion actuators from Radius™ offer uncompromising standards of safety, reliability and value. The Series A rack and pinion actuators are designed to operate “quarter-turn valves”. The wide torque range capabilities (Torque range capabilities (double acting – 136 lb. ins. to 68,140 lb. ins. and spring return – 53 lb. ins. to 23,630 lb. ins.)) ensure that Radius™ is more than suitable for plug, ball, butterfly valve and damper applications.
Features And Benefits
- Wide torque range available.
- Namur accessory mounting surfaces are standard on all Radius actuators for attachment of ancillary control devices.
- Radius quality standards and support.
- High visibility two-part position indicator may have upper portion removed to expose external Namur drive shaft for simple attachment of Namur accessory devices while retaining position indicating capability.
- Complete o-ring sealing protects against ingress of outside moisture and contaminants.
- Unique travel stops in both open & close direction are standard on all models and independently and externally adjustable using standard tools.
- One piece anti-blow-out bottom entry drive shaft.
- Available in Spring Return (AS) and Double Acting (AD) configurations. Multiple spring design allows for a wider range of torque from a single unit. All springs are self-contained and guided for optimum efficiency. All models are fully convertible between double acting & spring return.
- Corrosion resistant by design. Exacting standards of corrosion protection render Radius suitable for most hostile environments.
- Low-cost, closed circuit breathing system available (Namur fitting) to protect actuator internal parts from extremely corrosive environments.
- Series NUX CSA and FM approved explosion proof NAMUR mount solenoids.
- Electroless Nickel Coated actuators.
- New 180 degree spring-to-center actuator.
- Radius also Manufactures Scotch Yoke Actuators.